Set to coincide with Open Streets Northeast, the 12th annual all-day event will return to northeast Minneapolis on August 5. Sudsy collaborations are the backbone of the free party adjacent to Red Stag Supperclub, with 17 local breweries (and one distillery) preparing to divide into teams and craft special beverages. Once attendee votes crown the champion combo, a portion of proceeds will benefit a charity chosen by the winners. It's not all drinking and voting at Red Stag Block Party: In Cahoots! -- there's also a full slate of live music and street performers.
Here are the teams doing battle via one-off beer collabs:
- Able Seedhouse & Brewery + Solemn Oath Brewery
- Modist Brewing Company + Surly Brewing Co.
- Dangerous Man Brewing Co + Barrel Theory Beer Co.
- Pryes Brewing Co. + Wild Mind Artisan Ales
- Bang Brewing + Tattersall Distilling
- Indeed Brewing Company + Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- Fulton Beer + Left Hand Brewing Company
- Bauhaus Brew Labs + Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
- August Schell Brewing Co. + Sociable Cider Werks
And here are the music acts and performers:
- MC Foxy Tann
- North Star Roller Derby
- The Bad Man
- The Shackletons
- The Lonesome Losers: A Tribute to Yacht Rock
- Monica LaPlante
- Black Market Brass
- The Aviary
- Epitome No Question
Red Stag Block Party: In Cahoots! runs from 2-8 p.m.; RSVP on Facebook here.
Now you might be asking yourself: As this blog draws to a close, how can I be re-routed to additional City Pages content, thereby bettering the website's so-called "click-through rate"? We're very glad you asked. In tangentially related news, take a gander at this photo slideshow of Open Streets Lyndale; the event took over south Minneapolis earlier this month, and we anticipate the Northeast edition will feature similar levels of gleeful humans and sun-baked asphalt. Happy clicking!